Head of Creative Services - Bank, London
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We are looking for a Head of Creative Services to join us in central London. As a team, we are responsible for creating demand and inspiring loyalty. We are guardians of, and ambassadors for, the Simply Business brand, aiming to position us as positively distinct versus our competitors. As a central resource, we provide support on design, copy, content and communication - right across Simply Business.
As a Head of Creative Services you will:
- assume full strategic responsibility for overall brand position, performance, expression and experience
- deliver innovative concepts to engage staff and customers, develop global brand presence and achieve wider commercial objectives
- lead, inspire and develop a high performance culture within a specialist creative services team
- effectively manage external creative and production agency relationships ensuring first class execution and constantly exploring opportunities to evolve our look and feel
- Strategic leadership of brand marketing planning and execution
- Working closely with our Marketing, Customer Insight, Product, and Commercial teams (and more) to help in the delivery of strategy and objectives
- Acting as Simply Business’ brand guardian ensuring all creative output is in line with our brand identity
- Responsibly leading the in-house Creative Services Team, working to tight deadlines on multiple projects at a time
What we are looking for:
- a delivery-centric background, through an agency, or fast-paced in-house work
- experience in owning project briefs
- a tight grasp of the nuances that can make creative cut through
- the ability to drive projects and multi-task
- a proven track record of strategic, innovative brand development to enhance positioning and growth
- entrepreneurial flair with strong operational capability and a seamless approach to turning strategic vision into reality
- significant experience and success of leading marketing planning cycles incorporating multiple stakeholders.
- digital native who is comfortable with all social/digital
- the ability to use data and turn it into valuable strategic insight
- inspirational leader and adaptive management style to incorporate creative services and external agencies
- a team player, able to embrace the Simply Business values and working culture
- an entrepreneurial spirit, with a drive to contribute new ideas for future development
- someone resourceful and collaborative, who delivers results and interprets the business/project need
- experience overseeing creative for a fintech, or startup brand
- an open mind with a desire to learn and take on feedback
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.