Taxi drivers' business insurance tailored for your needs
As a taxi driver, you are responsible for transporting your passengers safely and ensuring the safety of the general public. Taking out a business insurance policy will give your passengers confidence when they are in your care.
Simply Business can help you to get the right insurance covers for your taxi business. We offer an easy-to-follow form that gives you quotes tailored to your insurance needs. Besides public liability insurance, we offer additional covers such as home-office and business equipment.
If you'd like cover for your taxi cab, try our company car insurance quote partners.
Why you should buy taxi drivers' insurance with Simply Business
It’s easy to buy your business cover at a competitive price with our clear, simple insurance quote form.
- Build the right policy using our simple form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy your policy online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Building your taxi drivers' insurance policy
You may need several different types of insurance cover for your taxi company. These insurance covers should help you get started.
Public liability insurance covers the cost of claims made against you by members of the public who suffer injury or damage as a result of your taxi driving business. There is a minimum cover of £1m, but if you have business clients, they may request a certain level of cover before hiring you. We offer up to £10m.
Business buildings insurance can be important if you run your business from an office - whether at home or on other premises. You can also buy business contents cover.
Vehicle insurance is not available as part of your business policy.
Details to look out for
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions on your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents for each quote before you buy.
- If you are an employer, you may have a legal responsibility to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so can result in a fine of up to £2,500 per day.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.