Insurance tailored for your home-based business
Many of the world’s most successful companies started in a spare room. But even if you work from home, you still need business insurance. Simply Business can provide all the cover you need with a single, flexible policy.
One single business insurance policy can include public liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, business contents, business equipment, tools cover and more. You can also save more money by cancelling your home buildings insurance policy because our buildings insurance covers your home and your home office.
Buying your home-based workers’ insurance
We’ve worked hard to make sure that buying business insurance is simple for home-based businesses like yours:
- Build your ideal policy using our simple quote form
- Compare quotes from a range of trusted insurers
- Choose a quote and buy it online
- Speak to our UK insurance team if you get stuck
- Receive your documents online instantly
Home-based workers carry out a variety of tasks in a range of sectors. With Simply Business you can tailor an insurance policy to your precise needs. These business insurance covers will help you get started building your ideal policy:
Public liability insurance – a necessity if you come into contact with members of the public. Public liability insurance can cover you if you cause injury or damage to a person or their property during the course of your work. The minimum level of cover is £2 million, but you may need £5m or £10m if you carry out public sector work.
Professional indemnity insurance – recommended if you are providing professional advice to clients. If a client suffers financial loss as a result of your advice, professional indemnity insurance can cover the costs of any related claims made against you. Many potential clients will only deal with you if you have sufficient professional indemnity insurance. Simply Business offers cover from £50,000 up to a maximum of £5,000,000.
Home business buildings insurance - combine buildings insurance for your home and home office into one business policy. The policy covers your home for damage caused by disasters like fire or flooding. Home contents should be bought separately.
Details to look out for when you buy home based workers' insurance
- Make sure you check and understand any exclusions on the policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
- Try to find out what level of professional indemnity insurance your clients might expect.
- If you employ people, even in your own home, you will need to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so could result in a fine of up to £2,500 for every day you are uninsured.
You may also be interested in...
We are here to help
Christmas call centre opening hours:
Monday 23rd Dec: 9am til 6pm
Christmas Eve: 10am til 2pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
Friday 27th Dec: 10am til 4pm
Saturday 28th Dec: 9am til 1pm
Sunday 29th Dec: Closed
Monday 30th Dec: 9am til 5pm
New Year's Eve: 10am til 2pm
New Year's Day: Closed
Jan 2nd: Normal hours return.