Senior Product Manager - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be using data and customer insight to help us develop our existing products in a lean fashion. You’ll seek to validate minimal viable products as quickly as possible to make sure that we’re building the right stuff for our customers while driving conversion for your product
As Senior Product Manager you will:
- Have overall decision making responsibility for prioritisation product strategy for your product segment
- Input into Product team decision making
- Prioritise process for your product segment
- Manage and deliver the P&L budget for your product segment
- Ensure that the product is designed in such a way that it meets the customer needs and leads to good outcomes for the customer
- Conducting product and customer analysis to drive continuous improvement of our commercial product portfolio
- Managing and delivering the P&L budget for your product
- Using data to identify areas of opportunity across all customer interactions
- Managing the prioritisation process of the features backlog, focusing on helping us deliver the minimum number of features for the maximum impact
- Working with the Assistant Product Managers to assign stories for their backlog to assist in the delivery of business requirements
- Working with underwriting, pricing, digital product, operations, marketing and customer insight teams to create user stories
- Conducting structured market research and competitor analysis, driving product changes and feeding into insurer management
- Coordinating marketing activity, specifically around acquisition and product forecasts
- Operational involvement in delivering product benefits, coordinating with our Northampton contact centre.
What we are looking for:
- Passionate about product. You know the road to making a great product, but just as importantly, you love what you do
- Business-minded. You have a good understanding of basic business principles and terminology
- An aspiring analyst. You have some experience with analytics platforms, and know to look past the vanity metrics to gauge a product’s success
- Curious about customers. You think that the key to creating a great product is through continually engaging with its users
- Experienced in insurance. You have a good understanding of underwriting principles and risk selection
- A people person. You love product because it gives you an opportunity to communicate with lots of different people with different backgrounds
- Someone who is not afraid to shake things up to make sure everyone is working efficiently towards a shared goal
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.