UX Product Designer (US)
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colourful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
We are seeking a UX Product Designer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team of that is disrupting insurance as we know it today. Reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll be responsible for every step in the design process. That process starts with a deep understanding of our customer’s diverse needs and ends with user-friendly, elegant products and engaging user experiences. In this role, you will partner and collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and the business to plan and develop effective customer experiences. You should be well-versed in research methodology, current design trends and a deep expertise in user experience. In short, we are looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our user experience to the next level and likes to have fun while doing it!
- Design beautiful, clear interfaces for our product by partnering closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant product designs
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences
- Staying close to our customer by organizing and facilitating user research events and testings your designs with users
- Use both qualitative and quantitative research to inform design decisions
- Support and influence product prioritization
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Passion for solving customer problems and building amazing products in an e-commerce environment
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, software engineering, and agile development environments
- The ability to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to ability complex projects and status reports to various members of the business.
- Ability to present projects and status reports to team leadership.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate content into user stories, flows and diagrams
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a open, creative and ambiguous environment
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders
- Experience producing product designs in Balsamiq, Axure and/or InVision
- Some that is excited about the way we work:
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it form there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.