Team Manager - Northampton
**Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub
Leaders think differently, challenging the norm. They listen and learn and have a contagious level of passion.
At Simply Business, we aim for our leaders to empower their teams. Empowerment is one of our five values and we take it seriously, consciously putting trust and faith in our teams and colleagues to help deliver a shared vision. Authenticity is another of our values, and our leaders demonstrate it, in their thought leadership.
Very often, our leaders are interviewed by members of their potential teams. It helps us find the right person, and pave the way for success, right off the bat.
As a team manager, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of a team of sales/service consultants. You’ll motivate and coach the team / individuals to meet the required targets, productivity measures and behavioural standards, and develop the team to ensure efficient delivery of a consistently superior customer experience
You’ll also act as the communication between the consultants and other areas of the business, offering creative solutions to the sales teams to support our online customers with their insurance needs.
The role will be demanding to ensure set goals are achieved within fixed deadlines, and that the team is focused on achieving the very high standards of quality and compliance required within the business
- Assisting and motivating the sales/service team to maximum business leads with successful sales techniques
- Ensuring that the sales team have a full understanding of the business processes
- Monitoring and evaluating individual and team performance through regular feedback, monthly and annual review meetings
- Supporting and understanding consultants’ development needs and supporting these through effective coaching & guidance
- Demonstrating excellent communication and team building skills
- Ensuring excellent customer relationships are established and maintained in order to retain and sustain business growth
- Analysing management information highlighting areas for improvement and those of concern and opportunity
- Ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to by team and individuals
- Supervising the sales team to ensure effective time management of all leads, maximising performance and cost
- Identifying training needs of the consultants through effective coaching
What we are looking for:
- Current experience with telephone sales or service in a targeted contact centre environment
- A proven track record of delivering against sales targets
- You will need to be a well motivated and energetic individual
- Ability to inspire, lead & motivate a sales team to achieve targets
- Proven experience with managing and coaching a team to achieve high standards of performance, together with setting objectives, delivering appraisals and effectively managing personnel issues
- Good organisational skills and strong motivation
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Able to work in a team environment, good at working effectively with others
- Excellent computer literacy and accuracy, attention to detail
- A hands on Manager who leads by example
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Northampton Town Centre
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.