Talent Learning and Development Partner
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
You will be designing, developing and delivering innovative learning and development programs for our US business. You will be an integral part in championing our culture and a part of the long-term learning and development across the organization.
- Partner with People Partners and the business in the delivery of high impact and scalable end-end learning and development strategies and plans
- Design, develop and deliver innovative programs to foster a culture of long-term learning and development across the organization
- Support the Head of Learning in the delivery of our coaching and leadership programs in order to enhance performance and engagement across the organization
- Ensure that we are innovating in the areas of diversity and inclusion
- Identify and where appropriate implement self-service tools to help our employees continue to grow and perform
- Partner with the Talent Operations team to ensure that we are tracking, analyzing and reporting on performance of our tools and programs and that we are constantly optimizing for impact
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about business impact – a learning and development professional who understands the strategic value HR has in delivering key business objectives
- You have worked as a learning and development professional with a track record of delivering high impact, innovative and revolutionary learning and development strategies and programs
- You have some experience as a coach
- You have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills - the ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for actions based on the analysis
- You have effective communication and consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders
- You have experience of working in agile/lean environments
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.