Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will support the US recruiting efforts to attract a highly skilled and qualified workforce. In this role, you will work with candidates throughout the full life- cycle of recruitment from source to interview to hire. We are not only passionate about our customers, employees and culture but also committed to providing an excellent candidate experience for all openings.
Working with the Talent Acquisition Manager, you will assist in the development of innovative recruiting strategies that leads to finding the best passive and active candidates in the market, while providing an amazing hiring manager experience. This role will play an integral part in building our team.
If you are passionate about building teams, leveraging the latest recruiting technology and providing an amazing recruiting experience, then this role is for you.
- Perform full life-cycle recruiting with ability to source, screen, interview and hire world class talent
- Build relationships and partner with hiring managers and People Business Partners to understand their business goals and hiring needs and define appropriate recruiting strategies to help their team grow
- Managing a variety of job openings for all business functions such as Software Engineering, Product, Marketing, Commercial, Data and People
- Develop a strong understanding of who we are, what we do and what we value
- Promote our company values and, unique but amazing, culture to potential candidates, relevant communities and, as needed, third party vendors
- Keep up to date with current trends in sourcing, assessment and other recruiting technology
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of full life-cycle recruiting experience in an agency and/or corporate setting
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
- Passionate about the chance to help shape a team, culture and business from the beginning
- A data and technology driven thinker who uses data, technology and market intelligence to develop recruiting strategies
- Strong people and communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of people at different levels with different styles
- Ability to handle customer relationship management and provide strong customer consultative skills to internal stakeholders
- Experience with applicant tracking systems such as Lever
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for making Simply Business the best place to work in Boston (this is what we can’t teach!)
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.