Senior Project Manager - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Far from fulfilling a musty insurance stereotype, we’ve created a colourful, collaborative working environment with a casual dress code, flexible working hours and an open-plan office.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We keep our startup roots and entrepreneurialism at our heart, and give our employees the freedom and support to pursue what they’re interested in.
Join a double Best Companies to Work For winner
Working here is great, but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For - two years in succession!
We are looking for a strong experienced Project/Change Manager to join our growing business who will be accountable for the end to end delivery of Offline change projects.
As Senior Project Manager you will:
- Lead project planning, scheduling, resourcing, controlling and reporting activities ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained and issues are actively managed through to their successful resolution
- Deliver effective communication to all interested parties including stakeholders and senior managers to support effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of projects, with minimal impact to the business
- Determine, monitor and review all project economics, including costs, staffing requirements, project resources, and project risk, ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements, supported by appropriate reporting
- Development of project business case(s) including determining ROI, project scope, objectives and measures of success
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of high complex business or IT projects or a medium project portfolio, establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business to realise the benefits as defined in the Business Case.
- Managing third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project’s business case and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project
- Identifying and managing risks and issues to ensure that critical problems are escalated at the earliest opportunity and mitigating actions are implemented
- Ensuring that projects are formally closed, learnings are captured, follow up actions are assigned and that benefits realisation planning has been initiated
What we are looking for:
- Substantial proven experience of project management at a department/business-wide level
- Proven track record of owning and rolling out large scale infrastructure and significant change projects
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Must hold at least one recognised project management qualification i.e. Prince2, DSDM, Agile, Scrum, Lean/Six Sigma, etc
- Experience of project management within contact centre and/or tech delivery
- Experience of budgetary management within a project framework
- Experience of creating a business case for a significant change project
- Proficient with methods and techniques for selection and managing contracts to ensure that third parties adhere to agreed contract requirements
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits, we offer life assurance, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan. With our flexible benefits scheme, you can also mix and match the following:
- Private healthcare
- Dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Extra annual leave
- Gym membership
Northampton town centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.