Sr. Front End Engineer
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who is passionate about user interfaces that are not only functional and user friendly but also looks slick and awesome. You will partner with our Senior Manager of Design to bring designs to life but at the same time, providing critical input to the user experience from a front-end development perspective. This would be great for someone who is a thought leader in the UI space and is excited by the chance to create something amazing to put in front of our customers.
- Develop customer focused products using your front-end engineering expertise in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration
- Work with the Creative Design team and build UI for applications based on the provided design
- Provide feedback on the designs
- Help to set standards, common interface libraries, build an experiment tool-kit for product discovery teams
- Provide guidance, support, and best practice in front-end techniques to the tech team
- Work alongside product and UX teams to analyze business requirements
- Work on our responsive website and pushing the boundaries with modern technologies
- Help us continually improve by suggesting new technologies, tools and ways of working
- Take ownership of projects and driving them forward for example: “support and influence product prioritization” or “lead, inspire and develop a high performance culture”
What we are looking for:
- Proven responsive web design experience
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the main JS frameworks e.g. ReactJS, AngularJS, Vue, etc.
- Awareness of users/customer-focused design techniques
- Experienced with front-end architecture best practices
- Able to communicate well with tech & non-tech colleagues
- Ability to analyze & discuss business requirements and ask the right questions
- Understanding and appreciation for Agile practice
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.