Senior Executive Assistant - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a Senior Executive Assistant you will manage the diaries of our CEO in the UK, our US CEO and our Chief Operating Officer. You’ll provide high-quality administrative support and act as a gatekeeper to ensure the right priorities are kept at the top.
As a Senior Executive Assistant you will:
- Be responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing one Executive Assistant, who manages the diaries of our other Simply Business Management Team. Helping to coordinate multiple diaries effectively, and work in the most efficient way.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to adapt your approach to deal with a variety of people in a way that reflects our Simply Business Values.
- Be super-organised and great at time management. It’s a must have. You will manage three diaries, work across different time zones, book travel, prepare for meetings, take minutes, and manage events when required.
- Help make the best use of time and suggest better ways of working to find efficiencies.
- Know our business is important too. You will often be the first person a variety of people speak with before our leadership team, so it is important you know what we do and how we do it.
- Provide first class day-to-day EA support for three senior leaders
- Diary manage, organise travel, create itineraries and manage expenses
- Liaise with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Act as a main point of contact and gate keeper for diaries and availability
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments
- Manage projects and conduct research
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Manage events and team communications
- Coach and develop others
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience working as a Senior Executive Assistant
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong co-ordination and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage high work volumes
- Excellent IT skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Honesty and reliability
- Coaching or line management responsibilities
What are the benefits?
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us, to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.