Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
The Facilities Team are responsible for maintaining the workplace to meet the needs of our diverse workforce. Looking after our people and premises is central to our day to day activities. Our brand new reception space will provide our customers, guests and visitors with their very first experience of our people, our culture and our great office space.
This role is designed to offer an enthusiastic and energetic person the opportunity to join Simply Business and be our cultural ambassador and first point of contact for all our customers, guests and visitors.
As a receptionist you will:
Represent our exciting business and its fantastic culture whilst becoming a vital member of the London office, with responsibility for a number of key activities that positively impact our people and our visitors.
- delivering first class customer service by taking a flexible ‘can do’ approach in meeting and greeting our customers, guests and visitors
- hosting, managing and maintaining the reception suite, interview rooms, customer experience labs, social enterprise hub, gaming facilities, and kitchen and breakout areas
- ensuring the reception suite runs efficiently by carrying out daily housekeeping checks
- ensuring office equipment is in good working order
- ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to
- providing lunch and refreshments for our guests and visitors as required
- supporting the Executive PA’s and the Facilities Team with general administration
- booking travel, accommodation and arranging other office related requirements
What we are looking for:
- a representative of Simply Business and its fantastic culture
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- a highly motivated person with a ‘can do’ attitude
- the bility to work well under pressure
- the ability to multitask
- excellent IT skills
- honesty and reliability
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.