Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
PPC Executive - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The Marketing team play an essential role in driving Simply Business’ growth. We attract new customers to our website and support the Product team to engage customers who don’t convert immediately. We are also brand custodians and responsible for all of our communications with customers and social presence. PPC is an important acquisition channel within Marketing, with a high focus on growth and a data driven strategy.
As a PPC Executive, you will help deliver targets across our PPC channel to contribute to meeting Simply Business’ financial goals. Reporting to the Head of PPC, your success will be measured by a combination of KPIs such as growth of qualified visitors, CPA targets and ROAS. You will be able to participate in forthcoming betas on both the Google and Bing platforms, trialling new and advanced features as well as help setting up advanced testing, automation and optimisation techniques. You will also have exposure to and learn valuable digital marketing experience in remarketing, display and programmatic.
As PPC Executive you will:
- Use data and bid management effectively to optimise and maximise campaign performance
- Create and test both text and display ads working with both the Editorial and Design teams
- Create, edit and test landing pages, liaising with the relevant teams such as Editorial, Design & UX
- Work with the Product team to identify new opportunities and improvements to be made, and implement changes accordingly
- Carry out technical changes, analysing and drawing insight from first-party analytics data, implementing innovative management techniques to maximise campaign performance. You will be responsible for delivering best practice management techniques across all campaigns
- Use a variety of proprietorial and third party tools to compile and draw insight from both company-specific, sector-specific and generic industry data, in order to better understand user trends and behaviour and add context to the performance of the account
- Coordinating with the SEO and Email teams to fully explore all types of cross-channel collaboration
- Coordinating all types of AB tests to drive and improve campaign performance
- Daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc PPC reporting to evaluate channel performance and feed into overall marketing strategy
- Supporting the PPC team with the creation, optimisation and reporting for PPC campaigns as directed by the Head of PPC; together you will be responsible for delivering customer-focused, profitable multi-category campaigns to agreed targets
- Supporting the Head of PPC on devising and implementing campaign strategy and ensuring daily / monthly expenditure is in line with the PPC budget
What we are looking for?
- Substantial, proven PPC experience
- A commercial instinct. You will be able to understand how businesses operate and pride yourself on delivering results
- Analytical. You know which metrics to focus on and will drive performance improvements to these metrics
- Flexible and tenacious with a focus on accuracy and delivery
- An ability to drive yourself, show initiative and challenge the status quo
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.