Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
As an Office Manager you will be directly supporting the US CEO, US COO and the Boston team by providing high quality administrative and office management support to our growing business and ensuring the day-to-day activities of the office run smoothly.
The Office Manager wears many hats and the ability to multi-task is critical. The best fit for this role will be someone with high energy, a strong sense of drive and integrity and someone who truly wants to learn and develop. This role has exposure to many different components of our business both in the US and in the UK. Qualified candidates will have a strong sense of urgency, strong organizational skills, a can-do proactive personality, the ability to challenge processes when things just don’t make sense and the willingness to step in and help out wherever is required.
- Provide first class day to day administrative support for two senior leaders which includes managing calendars, booking international travel and processing expenses
- Provide as needed administrative support for the rest of our senior management team and the Boston office which includes booking international travel, assistance with expenses, arranging meetings, etc.
- Go-to person for all corporate office day-to-day support, maintaining office supply inventory and ordering additional supplies as needed, receiving, opening and distributing mail and packages, coordinating pickups & shipping packages out of the office
- Provide friendly and professional first line support to all colleagues, escalating where necessary
- Organizing and coordinating team events, charity and cultural programs as well as facilitating all hands meetings, off-sites and company wide meetings with other areas of the business
- Facilities management including arranging for all office repairs and maintenance
- Working with suppliers to ensure we receive great service and cost savings. You will have the autonomy to try out new suppliers and work with the business to gain their feedback.
What we are looking for:
- Track record of success in an administrative role is essential
- Previous experience of working with people across varied backgrounds and experience
- Comfortable working with numbers, schedules, budgets and deadlines
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team, and prioritize to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail with a “see a need, fill a need” attitude
- Motivation to learn, ask questions, accept coaching and strive for continuous improvement
- Desire to grow as a self-starter within an exciting, fast-paced startup
- The ability to track, manage, maintain and organize an inventory of office stock, kitchen supplies
- Proficiency in Google Docs and ideally previous experience of working with People systems
- Passion and enthusiasm for making Simply Business the best place to work in Boston (this is what we can’t teach!)
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
- Someone who is excited about the way we work. You can read up on us here:
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it form there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.