Marketing Associate - London or Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The Marketing team play an essential role in driving Simply Business’ growth. We attract new customers to our website and support the Product team to engage customers who don’t convert immediately. We are also brand custodians and responsible for all of our communications with customers and social presence.
As a Marketing Associate, you will help deliver targets across all marketing channels to meet Simply Business’ financial goals. Reporting to the Head of Acquisition, your success will be measured through the growth of qualified visitors and specifically via the performance of the channels and campaigns that you take responsibility for.
As Marketing Associate you will:
- Support the marketing team in driving the individual channels
- Create and edit landing pages, liaising with both the Editorial and the Design teams
- Work with the Product team to identify new opportunities and improvements to be made and assist all channels to implement changes accordingly on the Marketing side
- Process invoices across key marketing channels, updating the Finance team and seeking sign off
- Liaise with the Data team to analyse key results
- Liaise with the Finance team to accrue and pay the correct costs
- Coordinating AB tests to drive and improve marketing performance
- Liaising with the teams at our Telephone Operations to ensure they are fully briefed on all marketing initiatives as well as gathering and evaluating relevant feedback from them
- Taking full ownership of the Affiliate channel, managing key relationships and growing this part of the business
- Taking responsibility for the implementation of specific marketing campaigns, and coordinating with all parties that need to contribute
What we are looking for?
- Substantial proven marketing experience
- A commercial instinct. You will be able to understand how businesses operate and pride yourself on delivering results
- Analytical. You know which metrics to focus on and will drive performance improvements to these metrics
- A strong advocate of customers. You start with the customer’s needs before deciding on channel mix and positioning
- A people person. You know how to communicate, motivate and inspire many cross-functional teams, particularly technology and marketing
- Flexible and tenacious with a focus on delivery
- An ability to drive yourself, show initiative and challenge the status quo
Skills and qualifications we would like
- Experience or interest in insurance or financial services
- Interest or experience working in (or with) small businesses
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments with an appreciation for working with technical people
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
Bank, London or Northampton
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.