**Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub
Insight Analyst - Bank, London
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Insight Analyst to join our multi-award winning data and analytics team to help us understand how to optimise our marketing activities, improve our customer experience and grow our customer base.
We are doing some really exciting things with the latest Big Data and analytics technologies and have solved the problem of having robust and reliable data. Now we need your ideas and insight skills to help us answer fun and challenging business questions – and, most importantly, drive action.
If you love working closely with the business, are customer and commercially aware, outcome-focused, and passionate about how insight can lead to effective business change, then this would be the perfect role for you.
As a Insight Analyst you will:
- drive growth in the business by empowering business colleagues to achieve their acquisition, conversion and retention objectives
- support strategic and tactical marketing and customer activities by formulating and steering data strategies, developing data models, and driving/owning insight solutions
- work on a data collection platform that will consolidate our understanding of our customers and support sophisticated multi-channel customer acquisition and retention activities (PPC, SEO, social network, email, telephone etc.)
- uncover and deliver insight through data exploration, analysis, visualisation and communication
- helping with the development of data transformation processes and business intelligence tools
- capturing requirements and working with our data engineers to evolve our data sets and data pipelines
- identifying new data sources or proposing new ways to add value using existing data sources
- building dashboards and self-service query tools, and training colleagues to use them
- assisting in the delivery of externally facing commercial data products
- building and nurturing positive relationships with business stakeholders by understanding their problem-space, owning insight outcomes and working closely and collaboratively together to achieve goals
- identifying areas of need by taking a holistic view on our customer and marketing data and challenging existing processes
- identifying and clearly presenting actionable recommendations to stakeholders; proposing new ideas to achieve better outcomes
- promoting the output and capabilities of the analysis team across the business to help foster a company-wide data driven culture
What we are looking for:
- experience establishing new ways of working (tools and processes), and supporting them beyond go-live
- experience decomposing business insight challenges, and structuring, delivering and owning data solutions
- experience using analysis methodologies to identify areas of opportunity to drive growth or better customer outcomes
- experience working with and influencing multiple stakeholders across the business including management
- a knowledge of data modelling and mining techniques
- excellent data interrogation skills with knowledge of SQL
- a proven aptitude for analysis of data and problem solving
- an awareness of the digital marketing landscape
- a BSc./MSc. or demonstrable experience in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar.
Experience of at least some of the following:
- relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift, BigQuery, Vertica etc.)
- web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Snowplow, KISSmetrics, Segment, New Relic)
- programming languages (Python, Ruby, R)
- data visualisation / BI technologies (e.g. Looker, Tableau, QlikView, Pentaho, Business Objects, Cognos)
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.