HR Administrator - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day-to-day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The most important part of our business is our people. You may have heard companies say this before, but here we really mean it, and this is where the HR team comes in. This role plays a critical part in ensuring that all of the touch points with our people (both new, existing and prospective) are seamless, friendly and professional.
Working to suppport the HR, Payroll and Resourcing Team you will get involved in various parts of the business including recruitment, absence management, reward and benefits, payroll and formal meetings.
Recruitment and the new starter process:
- Working with the Recruitment team to ensure a fantastic candidate experience
- Organising interviews, and liaising with candidates, hiring managers and agencies
- Generating and issuing contracts in a timely manner
- Making offers to new starters and internal movers with timely letter and contract generation
- Reference checking and management of new starter records
- Proactively managing all right to work information
- Ensuring new starters are given the appropriate systems access
- Update new starters photographs on our internal website, organising a photographer where needed
- Working with managers to ensure absence (sickness and holiday) records are managed
- Managing internal changes and resulting paperwork
- Work with the payroll team manage employee benefit details
- Ensuring all payroll data for SB employees is up to date and accurate
- Work with the HR team and managers to coordinate various recognition and reward schemes
- Note-taking and attendance at employee relations meetings and supporting with outcome letters
- Work with the team to produce reports and other management information
- Support other parts of the business, in particular support for Office Management when necessary
What we are looking for:
- Previous administration experience in a fast-paced and customer-focussed environment
- Take pride in the quality of your work in terms of professionalism and attention to detail
- Highly numerate and confident in interpreting numerical data
- Effective verbal communicator with good literacy skills
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and email systems
- Self-disciplined approach to time management
- Ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships across the business and within the HR team
- Constantly striving to improve the existing processes
- A team player – working with fellow HR colleagues and escalating issues wherever necessary
- Happy to muck in and get your hands dirty if necessary
- Healthy sense of humour while maintaining professionalism at all times
- Ability to remain assertive and challenge managers to ensure best practice HR is upheld
- Passionate about driving a high performing yet fun culture across the business
- We use Select HR for our people information records. Knowledge of this system or similar people information systems would be advantageous
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.