HR Advisor (9 month FTC) - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
Due to an upcoming period of maternity leave we need an experienced HR Advisor to join our team.
Working closely with Line Managers in our contact centre, covering all aspects of people management support, you will be an excellent communicator and influencer who has a good level of practical experience in an equivalent role in a similar environment.
This role is key in providing support, empowering managers to effectively and proactively manage their teams in line with our values.
As HR advisor you will:
- Be focussed on employee relations but also work closely with team managers supporting them with all aspects of the management of their teams
- Work closely with the HR administration team and our recruitment, talent and compensation & benefits specialists.
This is a fast paced role and no two days will be the same, you will need the ability to prioritise and manage the expectations of various stakeholders.
- Supporting Line Managers in all matters relating to HR including terms and conditions, absence, and flexible working requests
- Offering advice, arranging and supporting disciplinary and grievance hearings, producing correspondence and escalating where necessary
- Providing friendly and professional first line support to all employees either via phone, e-mail or face-to-face, escalating when necessary
- Working with the team to create and update HR policies and procedures to ensure they follow best practice and are reflective of our supportive working culture. You will drive change in this area by proposing improvements and updates
- Continuously seeking to make improvements to our HR processes, working with the wider HR team and the rest of the business
- Playing a key role in the delivery of HR projects across the business
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience working as HR Advisor
- Strong understanding of employment law and best practice
- The ability to prioritise and manage the expectations of various stakeholders
- Good understanding of a supportive and positive culture and a passion for continuous improvement
- Assertive and proactive in driving a change agenda
The following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Experience working within a contact centre/customer service environment
- Qualified to CIPD Level 3 (or equivalent)
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.