Head of Operations - Northampton
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
As Head of Operations you will be responsible for the operations strategy that drives our people and for the ensuring we have the right culture to drive customer outcomes whilst providing the support, guidance, training and career paths to recruit, retain and motivate our staff.
You will ensure the right level of staff are available to ensure customers get a first class service, however they choose to deal with us.
As Head of Operations you will:
- Ensure the delivery of budgetary targets and the continued strong performance of a high performing team
- Ensure the creation of a workforce that is motivated by customer outcomes rather than sales targets ensuring that Northampton is viewed as a key part of the delivery of Simply Business’ service, rather than an internal supplier.
- Prioritise opportunities to balance cost and customer experience
- Influence the working environment for offline business
- Work closely with the Head of Operational Innovation to ensure remuneration does not adversely affect changes prioritised
- Having a key role within the Northampton Management Team, with a responsibility for the strategic direction of all offline business
- Working with the General Manager to ensure cost budgets are planned and delivered
- Working closely with HR to ensure staff have the correct development to deliver in their current roles and progress as the business expands
- Providing leadership and guidance to their direct reports: 2 Operations Managers, Customer Complaints and call centre planning
- Developing and implementing operational strategies and methodologies for managing performance in an environment of trust and empowerment
- Contributing to the design and delivery of strategic initiatives
- Contributing to the recruitment and resourcing strategy to ensure the right people, with the right skill are available at the right time to ensure an efficient operation
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience of leading a contact centre
- Demonstrable commitment to self development - through a higher level qualification in business or equivalent
- Experience of developing a customer-focused culture that delivers for customers, employees and the business
- Desire to work in an environment which is willing to push the boundaries to create customer satisfaction
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.