Head of Operational Innovation - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
We believe in testing innovation with customers to understand what works and what doesn’t. By building, measuring and learning and repeating again we can build an operation that adapts to customer needs.
The team will drive a culture of innovation with strong measures of outcomes through the implementation of agile development within a contact centre environment.
You will be responsible for the operations strategy that drives performance. You will be accountable for the measurement and understanding of revenue performance against the current budget, and through working with key stakeholders across the business, the development and preparation of a backlog of activities to increase the revenue generated per lead within the contact centre.
As the Head of Operational Innovation you will:
- Have a key role within the Northampton management team, with a responsibility for the strategic direction of all offline business
- Have line management responsibility for a team focussed on innovation within the call centre
- Be responsible for the delivery of product and customer analysis leading to continuous improvement within the area of responsibility
- Be responsible for setting, managing and delivering against P&L targets
- Create a culture of using data to identify areas of opportunity across all customer interactions
- Use in-depth understanding of customer behaviour to sculpt and improve the process
- Prioritise opportunities to balance revenue creation and customer experience
- Influence the working environment for offline business
- Work closely with the head of call centre to ensure remuneration does not adversely affect changes prioritised
- The delivery of budgetary targets
- Building a high-performing team that is integrated into and viewed as key drivers of iterative change within the business
- The creation of a workforce that is motivated by customer outcomes rather than sales targets
- Ensuring that Northampton is viewed as a key part of the delivery of Simply Business’ service, rather than an internal supplier
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience of change within a call centre environment
- Demonstrable commitment to self development - through a higher level qualification in business or equivalent
- Experience of lean and agile processes
- Desire to work in an environment which is willing to push the boundaries to create customer satisfaction
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.