Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Head of Artificial Intelligence - London
Simply Business is one of the UK’s leading technology, service and data companies, and winner of the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ award two years running.
We insure over 425,000 of the UK’s businesses and landlords, using feedback, data and technology to create the very best experience for our customers.
Join us and you will be a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset, and we put a huge amount of effort into creating an environment in which everyone can thrive.
You’ll be helping us create something better for our customers, employees and the world in which we operate.
At Simply Business, we have created a cutting-edge real-time data capability that outstrips our peers in the industry. As part of this capability, we have implemented some early phase machine learning models that have had significant impact on our business and have experimented with some simple AI applications.
We believe that these approaches will transform the way that businesses operate and, specifically to our market, how insurance is sold. Uniquely, we think that advances in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning present us with the opportunity to enhance the lives of our employees and should not solely be seen as a way to disintermediate jobs
To make this transformation, we are looking for an AI / ML expert to lead us in conceptualising, testing and implementing these techniques.
As Head of Artificial Intelligence you will:
Help us to identify and validate opportunities relating to brand new customer offerings, internal applications that revolutionise how our people work, or value-add services we can provide to our insurance partners. If you can think of others, then they are on the table too.
Defining and executing an AI strategy at Simply Business by, amongst others:
- Working closely with Product, Marketing and Operations teams to identify commercial opportunities for Artificial Intelligence and related technologies
- Developing proof of concepts to help quantify and validate the opportunities
- Proposing, establishing and leading projects to exploit validated opportunities
- Establishing and leading an AI practice at Simply Business
What we are looking for:
- Advanced qualification in mathematics or computer science
- Deep expertise in AI / ML and knowledge of its application in various industries
- Knowledge of the various emerging AI / ML SaaS offerings and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience creating and bringing new ideas to market or transforming an organisation using AI / ML techniques
- Technical “hands-on” ability and experience of building models or algorithms
- Experience creating products and / or systems as part of a cross-functional, self-organising team and the ability to motivate and inspire such a group
- Passion and the ability to evangelise ideas to wider audiences
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.