FP & A Analyst - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the FP&A Analyst will provide support for all aspects of financial planning, analysis and reporting to support the ongoing management of the business and delivery of strategic objectives.
As FP&A Analyst you will:
- Define and implement enhanced contact centre analysis and performance reporting
- Work closely with project teams to shape MI available via our new telephony system
- Work closely with our contact centre leadership team to identify and implement efficiencies
- Work closely with our HR leadership team to control/shape areas of spend, whilst ensuring employee engagement scores continue to outpace industry benchmarks
- Update rolling forecasts for P&L, cash flow and balance sheets and preparation of annual budgets
- Support production of our LRP (5-year long-range plan)
- Complete financial modelling for commercial opportunities and internal change projects
- Supporting the budget owners and management team in driving revenue performance and cost management by providing insight on current/expected trends and identifying areas of risk/opportunity
- Supporting production of monthly board MI pack and ad hoc weekly reporting
- Preparing monthly reporting and variance analysis for P&L, balance sheet and cash flow to identify and explain performance against budget and forecast
- Preparing financial and business related KPI analysis for revenue and cost performance against budget, forecast and prior year
What we are looking for?
- Part qualified/finalist level accountant with substantial proven experience, ideally gained in a commercial environment
- Understanding of cost centre structures and management accounting processes
- Strong Excel / modelling skills/ Powerpoint
- Experience in using tools and Excel add-ins to manipulate large volumes of data
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to be forward thinking rather than having focus solely on historical data
- Ability to work in a PE start-up environment
- Able to develop strong relationships at all levels across the organisation
- Demonstrable experience in financial business partnering
Skills and qualifications we would like
- University graduate in an analytical / mathematically related subject with a minimum of a 2:1 pass
- Knowledge of data cubes within an operational and financial context advantageous
- Applied knowledge of the financial services industry
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
Town Centre, Northampton
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.