Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
As Digital Designer, you will use your creative and collaborative expertise to develop visual assets that help make Simply Business an instantly recognizable insurance brand for our target audience. From crafting the perfect infographic for a Facebook post to redesigning our small business content suite, you’ll drive day-to-day decisions that will help bring our brand to life in the US market, all while creating the best visual experience for our users. You’ll work closely with our Content Producer and Social Media Manager to give life to our content, while creating brand assets that resonate with customers. You’ll also need to work with our UK counterparts to leverage brand assets and collaborate on projects.
Your success will be measured by your ability to deliver on daily design needs, as well as creating assets that drive assist in conversions and heighten awareness of our brand. No two days are alike here, which is why the ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment that places a heavy emphasis on building, testing, and learning.
As Digital Designer you will: - Create, develop, and manage Simply Business’ visual brand across multiple channels - Conduct design tests that drive customer conversion - Work with the Marketing team to develop and support customer campaigns - Manage creative assets - Help ensure the brand’s look is consistent across all customer touch points - Partner closely with Content and Product teams, developers, international colleagues, and external agencies
Responsibilities include: - Designing and maintaining design assets for Simply Business’s website, social channels, emails, etc. - Developing and using design elements to enhance online brand visibility and trust - Using UI/UX principles to design the best possible user experience across multiple channels - Working with Marketing and Product team to ensure design assets supports customer segments - Developing visual content to support marketing, product, and overall business needs - Working independently and/or with outside vendors to develop design assets and strategies - Reviewing and reporting on design metrics plus providing insights - Continually research and execute new design strategies that enhance user experiences and interactions with the brand - Develop design templates for email - Design and maintain landing pages using Unbounce and our CMS - Support presentation needs including graphic design - Help ensure brand guidelines are adhered to throughout organization
What we are looking for:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in digital media / graphic design role
- UI/UX experience preferred, but not required
- Strong experience in multiple digital channels, including advertising, email and social media.
- Proficient in HTML (including HTML 5) and CSS, as well as Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A people person and team player that can work across multiple teams
- Great organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; you should have the ability to drive multiple projects on time and with zero defects
- A strong advocate of customers. You start with the customer’s needs before making design decisions
- Self starter/go-getter able to work in a startup environment and able to adapt to feedback
- Flexibility and tenacity with a focus on delivery
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Someone who is excited about the way we work. You can read up on us here: Read more about the way we work
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
- 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it form there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.