Digital Content Producer - Boston, USA
Thanks for your interest, but this role is no longer available. For open positions please check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK.
With 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we’re looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US - through a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge.
In the US, we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in.
We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures, and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
As Digital Content Producer, you will give Simply Business a voice by creating content that connects with our key customer segments, drives awareness of our brand, and ultimately assists in conversion.
Your success will be measured in your ability to immerse yourself in our key customer segments and the quality of the content you develop – via engagement level, and overall response to the communication of our values; both internally and externally.
As Digital Content Producer you will:
- Research key customer segments, uncover and investigate topics of interest, and primarily write engaging content
- Help develop and drive content strategy and editorial calendar
- Ensure brand voice is consistent across all customer touch points
- Partner closely with Product team, developers, international colleagues, and external agencies
- Develop content streams and different content ideas
- Researching and developing expertise in key customer segments
- Working independently and/or with outside vendors to craft tailored content – copy, images, video
- Helping develop and driving our content and SEO strategy
- Developing content to support marketing, product, and overall business needs
- Ensuring brand voice is consistent in all customer touch points
- Developing and overseeing editorial calendar
- Working with the Product team to ensure our content supports each customer segment
- Supporting social media efforts and networks to support and drive audience engagement
- Reviewing and prioritisation of content based on performance data and content KPIs
- Identifying new creative themes and campaigns that can benefit our customers
- Identifying and repurposing previously developed content
- Syndication of content
- Reviewing and reporting on content metrics, plus providing suggestions
- Developing long-term creative process
What we are looking for:
- Strong writer, researcher, and storyteller with creative drive and complete mastery of creative development process
- Self starter/go-getter able to work in a startup environment
- Great at taking feedback, as well as giving content feedback to cross-functional teams and internal senior stakeholders’
- Experience developing segment expertise to deliver content that connects
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A people person and team player that can work with marketing, analytics, developers, product, etc…
- Great organizational skills: you have an ability to drive multiple projects on time
- A strong advocate of customers. You start with the customer’s needs before deciding on channel mix and positioning
- Flexibility and tenacity with a focus on delivery
- A background in content development copywriting
- B2B experience a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Substantial relevant experience. Experience launching a brand is a plus.
- Someone who is excited about the way we work. You can check out our story here
Salary / Package
The chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Candidates will be paid a base salary, with the following additional benefits:
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Participation in the company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan
- Share scheme to be put in place
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours and working from home
Boston, USA (with some travel to London, UK possible)
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.