Data Protection ManagerApply now
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a team we’re responsible for...
ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), any supporting legislation and any other data protection laws. We also maintain a risk-based, cross-functional data protection governance framework that empowers staff to comply with data protection regulations and associated company procedures.
Our vision is to instil trust and confidence in how Simply Business protects personal data.
As a Data Protection Manager you will:
- be responsible for supporting the DPO in their role, advising the business on key data protection compliance issues and dealing with internal compliance queries across the business
- assist the DPO in managing the Simply Business data protection and privacy programme
- supporting the DPO in managing the Simply Business data protection and privacy programme
- developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including HR, Product (Technology), Marketing, Finance and Commercial
- giving data protection advice to Simply Business internal teams, promoting a ‘privacy first’ approach to design and development of products and services
- carrying out Data Protection Impact Assessments for new projects and advising, as required
- supporting the investigation and management of data protection incidents
- giving data protection advice to the business and supporting the negotiation of supplier agreements
- carrying out due diligence on new suppliers from a privacy perspective
- reviewing, updating and monitoring data protection policies and processes, as required
- leading on the delivery of the Data Protection Officer communications and awareness activities
- tracking and reporting on legislative and regulatory developments relating to data protection
- supporting the DPO with data protection programme and project management to drive the objectives of the team
- maintaining records relating to the governance and accountability of the data protection and privacy programme
- maintaining Simply Business’s record of processing activities (RPA)
- communicating key privacy metrics to senior stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- professional qualifications, such as CIPP/E, CIPP/T, CIPM, PC.dp.
- in-depth knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018, and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- data protection programme management experience in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- a strong understanding of the principles of ‘Data protection by design and default’
- a strong analytical approach to problem solving
- leadership and project management experience
- pragmatic and business-oriented mindset
- the ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, senior stakeholders and regulators
- enthusiasm for data protection and privacy
- a strong work ethic
- tenacity and resilience in a fast-paced business environment that demands excellence
- someone who can quickly become a trusted adviser to the business
- someone who’s confident making key decisions on time-sensitive matters
- a team player with a strong focus on communication and service delivery
- someone who’s happy to travel between our offices in London and Northampton
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiencesApply now