Customer Response Executive - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
As a Customer Response Executive you will:
- Handle high volumes of calls and correspondence relating to customer service queries
- Understand the customer’s requirements, and ensure revised documentation is accurate before issuing anything
- Be fully up to speed with all aspects of the role including problem solving, renewing, taking on new business policies and mid-term adjustments
- Have sound insurance knowledge, seeking guidance when required
- Proactively ensuring all information and payment details are collected from customers
- Contacting customers prior to cancellation to establish reasons and suggest alternatives (in turn enabling business retention)
- Displaying a good manner and professionalism with both colleagues and external contacts
- Promoting positive feedback with regards to products and services
- Getting to grips with department workloads, ensuring that these are managed efficiently
- Recognising situations that may fall outside the team’s guidelines
- Liaising with the head of customer response and the training department to identify best solutions
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record of delivering to customer service targets
- Experience of working in the insurance industry
- Excellent computer literacy and accuracy, attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner and skills
- Proven successful background in a service / contact centre environment
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Able to work in a team environment
- Target-driven approach
- Good understanding of the need for confidentiality and compliance with FSA regulations and guidelines
Current experience of working in a telephone customer service environment would be beneficial although not essential.
You will need to have an interest in working within the financial sector and be a well motivated, passionate and energetic individual with the drive to deliver outstanding customer service, taking full responsibility for your customers’ needs.
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including; private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.