Customer Response Executive - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
As a Customer Response Executive you will:
- Handle high volumes of calls and correspondence relating to customer service queries
- Understand the customer’s requirements, and ensure revised documentation is accurate before issuing anything
- Be fully up to speed with all aspects of the role including problem solving, renewing, taking on new business policies and mid-term adjustments
- Have sound insurance knowledge, seeking guidance when required
- Proactively ensuring all information and payment details are collected from customers
- Contacting customers prior to cancellation to establish reasons and suggest alternatives (in turn enabling business retention)
- Displaying a good manner and professionalism with both colleagues and external contacts
- Promoting positive feedback with regards to products and services
- Getting to grips with department workloads, ensuring that these are managed efficiently
- Recognising situations that may fall outside the team’s guidelines
- Liaising with the head of customer response and the training department to identify best solutions
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record of delivering to customer service targets
- Experience of working in the insurance industry
- Excellent computer literacy and accuracy, attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner and skills
- Proven successful background in a service / contact centre environment
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Able to work in a team environment
- Target-driven approach
- Good understanding of the need for confidentiality and compliance with FSA regulations and guidelines
Current experience of working in a telephone customer service environment would be beneficial although not essential.
You will need to have an interest in working within the financial sector and be a well motivated, passionate and energetic individual with the drive to deliver outstanding customer service, taking full responsibility for your customers’ needs.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.