Commercial Relationship Manager - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The Commercial team is central to the strategy at Simply Business. It is responsible for existing relationships with insurers and for developing new relationships with other partners. It’s our job to make sure our customers have a great choice of products on our panel, and that we are at the forefront of distributors’ minds when they are looking for SME insurance partners.
As Commercial Relationship Manager you will:
- Manage existing relationships, develop new ones and to get the best deals possible for Simply Business and our customers
- Work closely with our Product team to ensure an insurer panel that delivers the best choice for our customers and feedback where there is opportunity in the panel for new markets
- Work to deliver our strategy throughout 2017 and beyond
- Be accountable for commercial negotiations with new insurers and agreeing the most suitable commissions structures and contract agreements
- Demonstrate accountability towards meeting budgetary targets
- Work with our Legal and Compliance teams to ensure we’re working in the best possible way for our customers
- Managing of existing insurer relationships
- Running monthly and quarterly account review sessions with partners
- Working closely with the Commercial team to deliver ad hoc projects
- Identifying possible new business and onboarding them in a timely manner
- Building strong relationships with our products team to understand gaps in the panel and finding markets to fill them
- Ensuring the Commercial team activity is communicated across the business and maintaining close links with both offices
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in account management, external stakeholder management and business development
- Excellent organisational skills
- Substancial proven experience at either an insurer, broker or insurance aggregator
- Numerate with a high degree of proficiency in MS Excel
- Existing relationships in the SME insurance market would be an advantage
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.