Graphic DesignerApply now
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a team we are responsible for...
The design outputs of our brand, and the visual standards of every single touchpoint. We work across digital, print, and moving image, producing all kinds of visual material. Whether it’s animated screens, booklets, digital assets or presentations, we produce work to the highest visual standards, with creative design thinking at its core.
We’re looking for a driven and bright Graphic Designer who is passionate about graphic design. This will be an opportunity to work and develop in a fast-moving design team in an international company that’s known for its culture and progressive values. The Graphic Designer will be gain considerable experience using the latest Adobe CC software, such as Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator and After Effects, as well as presentation software such as Google Slides. Supporting within a team of experienced graphic designers to assist in all aspects of design output, the Graphic Designer will be eager to develop further their visual and technical skills. No two days will be the same in this role with constant opportunities to learn and apply creativity. Join our award-winning team and kickstart your career in the world of graphic design.
- producing digital assets for employee and customer touchpoints including email banners, events, and social assets
- creating and editing presentations for internal audiences
- creating and editing videos for company milestones
- overseeing and organising brand photographic library
- creating and adapting ads for products
- helping to establish an illustrative style
- helping to develop our editorial style
- working with other teams and stakeholders to deliver projects
- taking ownership of projects and deadlines
- sharing knowledge and experience with junior team members
- supporting in creative ideation for campaign projects
- illustration skills are desirable
We are looking for someone who has:
- passion for ideas and impactful visual communication
- good writing and communication skills
- comfortable learning new software and technical skills
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- experience with Adobe CC, such as In Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- some experience in Microsoft/Google presentation software is desirable
- video editing experience is desirable, but not necessary
- excellent visual skills
- good organisation skills
- eager to push themselves and develop professionally
- confident and friendly manner
- keen and willing to learn
Benefits of the role:
- starting your career in the graphic design industry and gaining practical experience will give you great career prospects – learning from the best, in an ambitious brand and being paid while working towards credible qualifications
- 3+ years experience in design and a professional environment is required, and the applicant’s portfolio should demonstrate the fundamental basics necessary for day-to-day tasks
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiencesApply now