BizOps Lead - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team.
Leading a team of engineers running the technical delivery of the BizOps Infrastructure and Helpdesk to enable Simply Business employees to do their jobs effectively.
As BizOps Lead you will:
- Set and manage KPIs and communicate these clearly and effectively
- Highlight areas for continuous improvement and drive their prioritisation (e.g. areas requiring major refactoring)
- Be an architect with great judgement who can design and implement complex company-wide systems infrastructure that need to be usable, scalable and reproducible
- Have the ability to select appropriate technologies and vendors
- Work with the BizOps Infrastructure and Helpdesk leads to define a powerful vision that supports the growth of the company
- Delivering a smooth Google hangout experience with meticulous attention to detail when it comes to variables such as the office internet bandwidth, Wi-Fi access point capacity, client device performance issues and speaker/headset setup
- Guaranteeing phone call quality, network capacity and testing for VoIP, which will be fundamental in a next generation phone system currently being developed, using Twilio, for the call centre
- Migrating the current use of Active Directory into a single sign-on solution across the business
- Creating a more robust VPN solution for secure and stable remote access
- Collaborating with the security team and all Simply Business departments to completely migrate to Google Drive for file storage.
- Addressing office moves, refurbishments and growth.
- Maintaining the quality of office dynamics includign setting up employee desks to enable for hot desking and ensuring all meeting rooms are set up for video conferencing capabilities
- Iterating and automating the provisioning, deployment and continuous integration of Macs, Dell laptops and Chromebooks. The goal is to take it out of the box, plug it in for automated provisioning ‘at the click of a button’ and then hand it over
What we are looking for:
- Experience of line managing and leading a team
- Proven architectural skills
- Ability to set the vision and drive cultural change across the organisation
- Vendor relationship management
- Knowledge of Cloud / SaaS technology adoption and practices such as AWS and Google Apps
- Windows and Linux Systems Administration
- Knowledge of internet protocols and networking (Cisco Meraki, MPLS)
- Windows\OSX\Chromebook (provisioning and deployment)
- Coding skills in any language
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.