Behavioural Insight Leader - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Simply Business is one of the UK’s leading technology, service and data companies, and winner of the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ award two years running.
We insure over 400,000 of the UK’s businesses and landlords, using feedback, data and technology to create the very best experience for our customers.
Join us and you will be a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset, and we put a huge amount of effort into creating an environment in which everyone can thrive.
You’ll be helping us create something better for our customers, employees and the world in which we operate.
As a company we have the strong belief that insights from the field of Behavioural Economics (BE) can radically improve all areas of our business and our lives. Reporting into our CEO, this is a newly created position which will shape the behavioural insights vision for the organisation and embed the thinking from the academic world into our culture of experimentation.
You will work in a consultative role with key decision-makers to help build capabilities that can be offered to the entire business. To do so you will help to identify opportunities to design and carry out Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) that will seek to measure the behavioural impact of potential interventions.
As Behavioural Insight Leader you will:
- Be responsible for the design, implementation and impact measurement of trials and for coaching the organisation in how to run these themselves
- Apply your professional knowledge of cognitive psychology and behavioural science to conduct behavioural analysis, experimental design and consumer insights development
- Stay up to date on the latest academic and business thinking in the field and act as the sponsor of Behavioural Economics throughout the organisation
- Further develop the company-wide capability of experimentation
- Coaching the organisation to use behavioural insights to improve areas of the business and our colleague experience
- Building a centre of excellence and capabilities to offer the entire organisation
- Developing opportunities to make significantly improvement to the lives of our customers and colleagues through simplification, removing over engineered processes and building high levels of engagement
- Shaping the behavioural insights vision for the organisation and a strategic plan to drive this change
What we are looking for:
- Experience in applying behavioural economics findings (from experiments and behavioural interventions) to product, communication and experience challenges in a professional setting
- An advanced degree in Behavioural Economics and/or Cognitive Psychology strongly desired i.e. MBA, Phd
- A strong entrepreneurial drive to help build a culture at the nexus between academic thinking and practical applications of theory
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.