Risk Advisor (12 Month FTC)
Northampton or London, UK • Compliance • Contract • ComplianceApply now
You will ensure that the correct balance is struck between the commercial interests of the business; management of risks faced by the business; the statutory objectives of the regulator; and the interests of our customers.
As a Risk Advisor you will:
- Support the Risk & Compliance Team by providing assistance with the day-to-day departmental activities as requested by the Risk Manager and the Head of Risk and Compliance;
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on key risk topics;
- Be the one stop shop for everything Symbiant related; and
- Be the voice of risk when it comes to wider business learning and communications.
- Maintenance of the risk management tool and risk register, and associated risk forms such as the risk assessments;
- The ongoing process of risk assessments;
- To assist in the recording, monitoring and investigation of risk events / incidents;
- Collation of risk information from the business back into the risk reporting framework;
- Risk action tracking and reporting;
- Creation of reports including creation of tables and charts;
- Support Risk Manager in delivery of Risk Workshops;
- Maintenance and review of Risk policies and procedures;
- Support Risk Manager in production and delivery of Risk training and communications.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of risk or compliance experience ideally gained within the insurance sector;
- A passion for risk management;Good communication and organisation skills required;
- Team player;
- Ideally achieved or working towards a foundation level professional qualification such as the IRM certifications, ICA certificate in Compliance or the CII Certification;Experience working in a team environment providing a supportive role;
- Good computer skills – advanced skills in use of PowerPoint and Excel (for creation of presentations, charts and tables) is ideal.