Assistant Insurance Relationship ManagerApply now
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We are looking for an Assistant Insurer Relationship Manager to join our team in London..
As an Assistant Insurance Relationship Manager you will:
- play an integral part within Commercial team in the strategic development of the Simply Business proposition for our Insurers
- support the Sales, Business Development and Relationship Management activities across all insurers
- build and maintain appropriate relationships with our insurer partners to support us achieving our commercial strategy
- support negotiations with new and existing insurers, by providing MI, data and other information as necessary to assist in delivering the best financial results for Simply Business
- build and maintain relationships within the Simply Business internal stakeholder units to support the commercial team
- support team strategy in line with Simply Business core measures
- take an active role in managing our audit process with our insurers
- develop, organise, manage and maintain a computerised insurer database using Simply Business Trello Boards
- create and produce monthly insurer reports and ad hoc reports as required
- liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- arrange insurer meetings, booking meeting rooms and arranging insurer entertainment as required
- work closely with Insurer relationship Managers on the development of the accounts, identifying issues and opportunities
- communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally
- build strong and collaborative relationships with other areas of the business
- deputise for Senior insurer relationship managers on their accounts in their absence
- research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others
- conduct market research utilising all tools available and market relationships
- support the launch of new insurers to Simply Business or new insurer products to Simply Business product verticals.
- manage allocated projects liaising with both internal and external partners as required to achieve a successful completion
- arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities
- develop as a subject matter expert on Simply Business MI, data and analytics
- ensure own compliance with all FCA regulations and to maintain awareness of insurers responsibilities to Simply Business
- resolution of any day to day issues that need insurer interaction
We are looking for someone who is:
- confident, self assured and calm in pressure situations
- self reliant and motivated
- capable of interacting with multiple levels of contacts in the insurance market
- able to build strong relationships - internal and external
- able to work in a team environment to drive best outcomes
- insurance product knowledge
- insurance market knowledge
- highly organised and capable of delivering personal goals
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiencesApply now