Operations Manager - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious operations manager who is still climbing the career ladder and nowhere near their full potential, hungry for more and with the initiative to go get it!
In this exciting role you will be leading a number of teams that form part of our already successful inbound/outbound sales & service operation reporting into the head of operations within our Northampton Contact Centre
As a Operations Manager you will:
- take responsibility for contact centre personnel with focus on quality, delivery and maximising sales opportunities
- motivate and develop people in a manner that reflects our values so that teams and Team Managers feel involved, valued and committed to achieving a high level of performance
- review individual and team performance through regular feedback, monthly and annual review meetings
- deliver and maintain KPIs, performance management and achievement of significant growth targets through strong leadership
- have a clear focus on driving a ‘sales through service’ strategy, identifying, developing and driving revenue streams, ensuring the customer always comes first
- planning, developing and communicating clear and concise management objectives to team managers
- developing key relationships across the contact centre with senior management, operations managers & key support teams; as well as forging strong relationships with our product & technical teams in London
- working with the head of learning & development to ensure there is always the appropriate level of training and development across the operation
- analysing and reporting on trends affecting the business, including identifying improvement initiatives, industry best practice and development opportunities
- working with the quality & compliance teams to ensure processes and procedures are adhered to by team and individuals
- holding regular team meetings and attending other business meetings as and when required, ensuring clear communication and understanding at all times
- keeping up to date with product knowledge and competitors
- being a stakeholder for the implementation of a new telephony platform, including the implementation of a new dialler system
What we are looking for:
- the ability to lead, inspire & motivate
- someone who thrives on working within a fast paced and rapidly changing, quality focused environment
- the ability to analyse data and provide reports and other documentation
- proven leadership skills with an outstanding record of building, developing, mentoring and motivating high performing teams
- a sleeves-up approach, to grab and influence all elements of the offline operation (from strategy to delivery)
- a collaborative style that allows the operation to be supported by all functional teams
- clear understanding of key business dynamics including analytics, business processes, CRM and project management on a practical level
- the ability to diagnose problems and rapidly put corrective actions in place
- the ability to recognise areas for continuous improvement, make recommendations and implement
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Bank, London / Northampton Town Centre
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.