Head of Creative Services
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea. It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 425,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need A Head of Creative Services to join us in central London. As a team, we are responsible for creating demand and inspiring loyalty. We are guardians of, and ambassadors for, the Simply Business brand, aiming to position us as positively distinct versus our competitors. As a central resource, we provide support on design, copy, content and communication - right across Simply Business.
As a Head of Creative Services you will:
- assume full strategic responsibility for overall brand position, expression and experience
- design innovative experiences to engage staff and customers, enabling global brand fame
- lead, inspire and develop a high performance culture within a specialist creative services team
- effectively manage external creative and production agency relationships ensuring first class execution whilst constantly exploring opportunities to evolve our look and feel
- leading the in-house Creative Services Team, working to tight deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
- acting as Simply Business’ brand guardian, ensuring all creative output is of the highest quality - in line with our refreshed identity
- working closely with our Marketing, Customer Insight, Product, and Commercial teams (and more) to help in the delivery of our strategic objectives
- exploring new ways for our brand to come to life
What we are looking for:
- an inspirational creative leader
- stunning graphic design skills
- a digital native who has a passion for creating world-class digital/social experiences
- an adaptive management style to seamlessly direct and develop the in house creative services team and external agencies
- significant experience leading brand/marketing planning cycles which incorporate multiple stakeholders
- a willingness to get stuck in – proven in delivery-centric organisation or agency
- a tight grasp of the nuances that can make creative cut through
- entrepreneurial flair with strong operational capability and a seamless approach to turning strategic vision into reality
- a team player who is able to embrace the Simply Business values and thrive in our empowered working culture
- someone resourceful and collaborative, who delivers results having first interpreted the business/customer need
- experience overseeing creative for a fintech, or challenger brand
- an open mind with a desire to learn
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.