We’re Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 750,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
But what’s it like to work here? Here are three reasons why Simply Business could be your next employer
We Embrace Individuality We value what’s important to each and every SBer. Whether that be providing access to cutting edge wellbeing support, or being part of one of our many diversity networks and communities. We also take personal development seriously - we’re all about enabling big dreams.
We Trust Who We Hire We empower SBers with choice and flexibility to make the right decisions based on the needs of their roles and we’ve been working this way long before Covid19.
There’s no one-size-fits all solution when it comes to how often we get together in person, so all of our people and teams find the rhythm that suits them best when it comes to working from home or hub.
We’re innovative We've created a place for people to be curious, experience new things, and bring unique ideas to the table. If you want to learn how we do all this - head over to our Careers page where you’ll see us walk the talk
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
Architecture Owner - Solution Architect
We need an Architecture Owner to join our team. Working with the Technical Architecture Group (TAG) and reporting into the Head of Architecture, you'll be playing an active role in contributing and planning to the overall technical direction of Simply Business, in a culture that champions Agile, cross-functional teams and continuous collaboration.
As an Architecture Owner, you'll play a pivotal role in the technology team, working with TAG to ensure that the design of Simply Business's insuretech platform is sustainable, can adapt to support innovation and fulfils our growth strategy. You'll be part of a team that focuses on realising the vision for our customer-focused products and facilitating the evolution of our architecture and platform capabilities.
We're not looking to build an “ivory tower”. We believe that the blueprint for our architecture is the code. As such, the Architecture Owner is responsible for our products' technical architecture, in a similar way to how our product owners are responsible for our products' requirements.
You'll take a collaborative and evolutionary approach to your work - never top-down. Working with our many product teams, you'll guide the implementation of our architecture and evolve it based on feedback from the implementation.
You have experience in an enterprise environment across multiple departments driving the architecture forward.
We’re looking for someone who can:
Inspire: Inspire others and share a compelling vision that aligns with the Simply Business technology strategy. Create a plan to win that delivers results. Apply situational adaptability to get stuff done.
Be bold: Be curious, be purposeful. Question the status quo. Remain open, and honest. Explore new possibilities that help Simply Business to build strategic advantage.
Collaborate effectively: Be a champion of change. Enable cross-team collaboration when needed. Remove obstacles, share knowledge and encourage learning. Model teamwork by working effectively with other stakeholders.
Coach for growth: Continue to learn, as well as teach. Solicit feedback as well as offer it, and actively seek opportunities for personal and team growth. Have the difficult conversation. Value differences and recognise talent.
Be humble: Model integrity and honesty in decision-making. Embrace differences and actively listen. Practice self-reflection, exhibit self-awareness and recognise the value of continuous development.
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
• flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
• remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
• mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
• paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10 years
• a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
And we compensate you fairly:
• a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
• we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
• a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
• a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• life assurance of four times of your basic salary
• Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.