Infrastructure EngineerApply now
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a Infrastructure Engineer to join us in our London office
The BizOps team at Simply Business manages and maintains an international multi-site IT infrastructure, which is predominantly based around PasS and SaaS technologies.
You’ll be joining the team that deploys services, applications and technologies to support and improve our business, using BML to enhance and automate existing and new platforms to support the business as it scales.
As a Infrastructure Engineer you’ll:
- Be a hands-on engineer with great judgement, who can design and implement systems infrastructure that’s usable, scalable and reproducible
- Care about doing things right
- Create useful and intuitive solutions that drive self-service, in a collaborative way
- Have meticulous attention-to-detail
- Use scripting and automation to drive self-service, process automation, implementation and security
- Highlighting areas for automation and continuous improvement, driving their prioritisation (eg areas requiring major refactoring)
- Working with the business to clarify requirements at the start of projects, suggesting technical approaches involving SaaS and cloud-based solutions
- Working with the security team to discuss security issues and collaborating on solutions
- Maintaining, administering & supporting the core infrastructure.
- Collaborating with the support team as an escalation point, mentoring junior team members and to automate and streamline end user processes and systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Infrastructure BAU and project delivery expertise, ideally based around SaaS/PaaS project implementation
- Basic knowledge of at least some of the following Cloud/SaaS technology stacks: Google Apps, Zoom, JumpCloud, Egnyte or other large-scale SaaS-based products
- Coding / scripting skills in any language desirable but not essential
- Experience of – or a desire to learn – system, process and deployment automation, including the use of of APIs
- Either Windows OR Linux systems administration
- Management, deployment and support experience with at least one (ideally two) of the following technologies: Windows, OSX, Chromebook
- Experience with PasS, ideally AWS and some of the following: EC2, S3, RDS, Directory Service
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, WiFi networking, ideally including experience with some of the following: SDWANs, Velocloud and Meraki
- The ability to work with business teams and stakeholders (including managing expectations and being clear about priorities)
- A natural desire to learn new technologies and skills that will complement the team or existing systems
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiencesApply now