Boston, USA • Boston Customer Solutions Center • Full-Time • Boston Customer Solutions CenterApply now
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking an innovative and detail-oriented individual to join our growing team as a Service Specialist within our Customer Solutions Center (CSC). The Customer Solutions Center is the sales and service department at Simply Business - striving to provide a great experience to all current and future customers!
The Service Specialist is an entry level role and will be responsible for providing operational support, as well as managing the administrative support needed to assist the CSC in making sales, providing ongoing customer support, issuing quotes and policy documents, handling inbound calls from customers, processing renewals, cancellations and certificates of insurance.
The CSC is fast moving and experiences changes to its processes on a frequent basis. The Service Specialist will need to have a flexible approach, keen attention to detail, an eye for process documentation, and ideally has experience in making recommendations to improve process efficiencies.
As a Service Specialist you will:
- Answer inbound calls from prospective customers
- Prioritize & allocate workload for Licensed Agents
- Process cancellations and renewals Issue certificates of insurance
- Manage call back process
- Issue Policy documents
- Quality check Licensed Agents calls for compliance purposes
- Update sales reports
- Manage shared Google Mailbox
- Document current and future state processes
- Look for ways to make processes more efficient
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Google Suite
- Great organizational planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative, and work well under pressure and deadlines
- Curious and excited to learn
- Ability to pick up new things quickly
- Excellent people skills and comfortable working across all levels and departments
- Has great judgement, discretion, and can keep information confidential
- Has experience documenting current state workflows
- Customer service experience
- College degree preferred
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.