We’re Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 750,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We harness cutting-edge data ability, believe in experimentation, and build our own technology to deliver better experiences for our customers and employees. This means we’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
Working here as we get back to normal
After working remotely for so long, we have a vision for how our people will work with each other now and in the future.
Every employee should have the choice and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their job, their team, and their life.
We know that being together in person is usually the best way to get work done, which is why our offices will become ‘hubs’ that we expect our employees to visit every so often. That said, there’s no one-size-fits all solution, so all of our people and teams will find the rhythm that suits them best.
We need a TechOps Analyst to join us in London (Bank)
As a TechOps Analyst you will:
Support the smooth day-to-day activity of the evolving Tech Operations team and contributing to realising the exciting strategy for SB Tech.
Lead small projects and have accountability for their ongoing activities and objectives.
Handle tech team admin and budgets
Coordinating events and meetings
Supporting recruitment and onboarding for permanent, offshore and nearshore contractors
Monitoring the progress and health of the teams.
work with the TechOps team to support the Tech Operations strategy - capacity, capability or communication
delivering and mobilising small initiatives, ways of working and operational improvement projects across our UK, US, Nearshore and Offshore teams
collaborating with Tech and non-Tech teams to create and deliver Operational MI, reporting and insights for IT Management and non-tech colleagues
planning and coordinating tech recruitment, onboarding, induction and development activities
working with the Tech, people, learning & development and legal teams and external 3rd parties
supporting ad-hoc operational admin, finance and team-specific requests
Supporting TechOps team with day-to-day tasks and initiatives
What we’re looking for:
experience with onboarding/recruitment activities
excellent written & verbal communication skills
experience within a changing, fast paced environment
a team player, who is keen to help out with a variety of projects
a positive and proactive contributor with a ‘can do’ approach and strong work ethic
a flexible team player who thrives in a dynamic environment and in a friendly, collaborative team
the ability to build relationships across Simply Business and a variety of individuals
the ability take direction and is keen to help out with a variety of projects in a timeline manner
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
• flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
• remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
• mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
• paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10 years
• a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
And we compensate you fairly:
• a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
• we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
• a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
• a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• life assurance of four times of your basic salary
• Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.