We’re Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 750,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We harness cutting-edge data ability, believe in experimentation, and build our own technology to deliver better experiences for our customers and employees. This means we’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
Working here as we get back to normal
After working remotely for so long, we have a vision for how our people will work with each other now and in the future.
Every employee should have the choice and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their job, their team, and their life.
We know that being together in person is usually the best way to get work done, which is why our offices will become ‘hubs’ that we expect our employees to visit every so often. That said, there’s no one-size-fits all solution, so all of our people and teams will find the rhythm that suits them best.
There will be occasions where you can work from home, all you need is a 20mbps internet speed and a workspace free from distractions - we will provide all the necessary equipment.
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone.
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability. Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people. We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 700,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. We do have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
There may be occasions where you can work from home, all you need is a 20mbps internet speed and a workspace free from distractions - we will provide all the necessary equipment.
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
• flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
• remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
• mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
• paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10 years
• a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
And we compensate you fairly:
• a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
• we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
• a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
• a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• life assurance of four times of your basic salary
• Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
Following the UK's exit from the European Union, there are changes to Legal Right to Work legislation that applicants from the EU will need to be aware of.
Before 30th June 2021, EU/EEA/Swiss citizens have a legal right to work in the UK and can provide a passport as evidence of this. No visa will be required.
From 30th June 2021, EU citizens will be required to provide evidence of settled or pre-settled status in the UK as evidence of right to work. Without this, EU citizens will require a visa to work in the UK.