Senior Insights AnalystApply now
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Sr. Insights Analyst, you will be part of a team, championing the use of data within our organization, and ensuring that insight is driven with a clear strategy aligned to our business outcomes and growing operations. You will also be joining a much broader, award winning international data team that are doing some really exciting things with the latest Big Data and analytics technologies.
As a Sr Insights Analyst you will:
- Support our company’s Build/Measure/Learn methodology by working closely with cross-functional development teams as they build on our core products. Every resource commitment at Simply Business is prioritized around a hypothesis about potential value delivered, and you will be working closely with all stakeholders to make sure these hypotheses can be measured and that findings are disseminated.
- Support our insight strategy, building tools that support self-service capabilities for all people across the company. Focusing on delivering the data flows that drive our reporting and analysis outputs for all parts of our business as well as coaching individuals across the business on how to leverage the value of insight.
- Collect and store business data through working with our technology teams. Unlike many Business Intelligence functions, we have the ability to change how our source systems generate data. We want to use this to streamline our data processing and use new techniques to enrich our data and analysis capabilities.
- Discover new knowledge by using data science techniques to uncover insight from our various data sets and feed this back into our day to day growth activities.
- Delivering high quality analysis and recommendations to support several business units and help them achieve their acquisition and conversion objectives
- Uncovering and delivering insight through ad-hoc data exploration and visualization
- Build dashboards and self-service query tools and train colleagues to use them
- Designing and performing funnel conversion analysis.
- Help with the development of data transformation processes and business intelligence tools
- Capture requirements and work with our data engineers to evolve our data sets and data pipelines
- Promote the output and capabilities of the analysis team across the business to help foster a company-wide data driven culture
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years experience using quantitative analysis to identify areas of opportunity to drive growth.
- Excellent data interrogation skills with deep knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of a data visualization tool such as Looker or Tableau
- Working in a fast digital environment with a strong focus on the customer experience.
- Collaborating across cross-functional teams. Experience of working with remote or distributed teams an advantage.
- Proven aptitude for analysis of data and problem solving.
- A BSc/MSc in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business, not afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/Apply now