Head of ProcurementApply now
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
In this newly created role you will own and take accountability for the end to end procurement process for key external services and products bought and/or used by the business. The Head of Procurement will also own and develop the procurement strategy and
manage the relationships of key suppliers and Parent Company stakeholders while leveraging it’s buyer power.
This role reports into the Finance Director with a dotted line into the Global Head of Procurement at Travelers, our Parent
As Head of Procurement you will:
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts that represent business requirements with a focus to drive optimal Total Cost of Ownership
- Assist teams in the preparation and evaluation of end-to-end Request for Proposal activities, including requirement drafting, bidder evaluation and appraisals, bidder due diligence
- Perform benchmarking and spend analysis and research to support contract negotiations
- Be a sharp negotiator with an analytical and commercial approach
- Have the ability to build strong relationships and manage, communicate and liaise with a variety of stakeholders across the business and Parent Company – such as Finance, Legal, Tech, People & Compliance
- Executing end to end procurement processes including, document preparation, negotiations, contract award & supplier management
- Accountability for the procurement process across the business
- Support the ambitious growth plans across the business
- Liaising with payment company stakeholders
- Continuous review of existing contracts to ensure contractual obligations are met and value for money being received as well as identifying opportunities for improvements
What we are looking for:
- CIPS (or equivalent) qualification with 5+ years experience
- An energetic individual willing to take a hands-on approach
- A confident and clear communicator who is able to manage stakeholders of all levels from a variety of teams across the business
- A sharp negotiator to lead commercial and contractual negotiations with potential & existing suppliers on behalf of the business
- Experience of designing, implementing and owning the purchasing strategy
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiencesApply now