Insurance Product ManagerApply now
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We need an Insurance Product Manager to join us in Boston, MA. This position will assist the Commercial team with design, analysis, development, and maintenance of new and filed insurance rate/rules and related forms.
As an Insurance Product Manager you will:
- Make significant contributions to our coverage philosophy, based on an advanced understanding of commercial P&C insurance rate/rules and forms
- Provide advanced coverage analysis expertise and direction for policy forms
- Research and illustrate product and coverage strategies via creation or revisions of forms and rate/rules
- Act as a key liaison with external actuarial/filing vendors to support product development and filings
- Perform related product impact analysis and make changes to comply with all DOI regulations and state laws
- Conduct competitor coverage analysis, including side-by-side coverage comparisons for filing and/or new products
- Create filing documentation and any required responses to Departments of Insurance
- Serve as an internal resource for Insurance Product Management, Claims, Customer Service Center, and related internal stakeholders
- Drive discussions with external reinsurance partners to gain buy-in on proposed recommendations
- Evaluation and recommendation of vendor solutions that will enhance underwriting and pricing quality
- Use customer and data insights from the market, our sales funnel, competitors, and claims to inform insurance product development
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure that we’re meeting the needs of our customers, ensuring our insurance products are suitable, and delivered in an easy to understand format
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5+ years of property casualty insurance carrier experience, with knowledge and experience of policy and/or non-policy rate/rules and form work
- Experience in multiple lines of business, including BOP, Property, Package, or General Liability preferred
- Excellent technical insurance knowledge. Related underwriting, claims, or field experience is preferred
- Advanced understanding of insurance workflows and concepts, including limits, coverages, pricing models, ISO, and form/rate rules
- Driven significant improvement in your product, including measurable success across defined KPIs Insurance designation(s) and/or insurance education are preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/Apply now