Commercial Insights AnalystApply now
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an Insights Analyst to join our Commercial team. Reporting to our Commercial team and working closely with our wider Data and Analytics team, this role will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and making recommendations to our Insurance Product, MGA, and wider Commercial team based on insights.
As an Insights Analyst you will:
- Deliver high-quality analysis and recommendations to support the Commercial team
- Uncover and deliver insight through ad-hoc data exploration and visualization
- Work with our data engineers to evolve our data sets and data pipelines
- Build dashboards and self-service query tools and train colleagues to use them
- Build intuitive custom visualizations that we can share with our external clients and stakeholders
- Develop a repository of reusable custom charts and dashboards
- Promote the output and capabilities of the analysis team across the business to help foster a company-wide data-driven culture
What we are looking for:
- Prior P&C insurance carrier or reinsurer strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience using analysis methodologies to identify areas of opportunity to drive growth
- 2+ years of D3 visualization or visualization SDK programming experience
- A strong sense of data visualization, UI/UX
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Excellent data interrogation skills with knowledge of SQL
- Working in a fast digital environment with a strong focus on the customer experience
- Collaborating across cross-functional teams
- Proven aptitude for analysis of data and problem solving
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/Apply now