Insight ManagerApply now
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
You’ll have a hands-on role, owning and delivering the insight and analysis requirements for our Marketing and Commercial product teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to help drive our business forward by leveraging our cutting-edge data platform and tech stack, engaging with our Product and Marketing teams, collaborating with our Data Engineers and Data Science team, and putting your analytical and managerial skills to use in the context of a data-hungry and agile organisation.
As an Insight Manager you will:
- manage a team of analysts, taking ownership of their development and project delivery
- drive growth in the business by empowering product teams to achieve their objectives and key results
- work closely with Heads of Product and Product Managers to identify and prioritise the insight requirements for the Marketing and Commercial area of the business
- uncover and deliver insight using data science and machine learning techniques, data mining, statistical analysis and visualisation
- identify areas of opportunity and clearly present actionable recommendations to stakeholders, proposing new ideas to achieve better outcomes
- promote the output and capabilities of the analysis team across the business to foster a company-wide data-driven culture
- liaising with key stakeholders to understand, refine, prioritise, and action insight and research requirements
- proactively coaching, pairing with and mentoring team members
- helping to define and evolve our insight and analytics offering to our business stakeholders
- presenting analysis and recommendations to both senior and tactical stakeholders, and driving action to achieve results
- taking a critical hands-on role in product discovery, research and experimentation
- acting as our front-line data representative – collaborating with our Data Engineers, BI Analysts, and product teams to support product delivery and surrounding analytics
What we are looking for:
- a proven aptitude for data analysis and problem solving with a view to delivering actionable insight and recommendations with bottom-line business impacta passion for people management with an emphasis on professional development and team building
- excellent data interrogation and analysis skills with a strong working knowledge of SQL
- experience of working with and influencing multiple stakeholders across the business
- knowledge of data modelling techniques
- a BSc or MSc, or demonstrable experience, in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar
- knowledge and experience of:
- relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift, BigQuery, Vertica)
- statistical testing and data science techniques (A/B testing, Unsupervised Learning, Predictive Analysis)
- web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Snowplow, KISSmetrics, Segment, New Relic)
- programming languages (Python, MatLab, R)
- data visualisation / BI technologies (Looker, Tableau, QlikView, Pentaho, Business Objects, Cognos
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiencesApply now