Insurance for landscapers
In association with Landscape Juice Network
- The UK's largest business insurance broker with 230,000 customers
- Customised cover tailored to your business from A-rated insurers only
- Get insured in under 5 minutes and download your documents immediately
- Business insurance specialists in our UK contact centre
- Award winning claims handling service including online status tracking
Why choose Simply Business?
- Simply Business is a one-stop shop for business insurance where you can research, compare, buy, and claim all in one place.
- We cover over 1,000 trades – more than anyone else in the industry – and provide competitive, tailored policies allowing you to select the covers that are right for your business.
- With over 170,000 customers, we are the largest provider of commercial insurance in the UK.
- Our quote form is quick and simple to use, allowing you to buy a policy in minutes.
- We pride ourselves on helpful service and a knowledgeable insurance team at our UK call centre, ready to answer any questions you might have.
Public liability insurance - covers the cost of claims made against you by members of the public who suffer injury or whose property is damaged as a result of your work. There is a minimum cover of £1m but your customers may request a certain level of cover before hiring you. We offer up to £10m, which can be necessary for public sector contracts.
Professional indemnity insurance - may be required if you give advice to your customers, as it covers the cost of claims for negligence or bad advice. Landscaper's professional indemnity insurance can be important if your work also involves garden design. Simply Business offers professional indemnity with other covers as part of a single business policy, or as a stand-alone policy
Employers' liability insurance - If you are an employer, you have a legal responsibility to take out employers’ liability insurance. Failure to do so can result in a fine of up to £2,500 per day.
Chainsaw licence - If you’re a landscape gardener and you use a chainsaw to cut trees and bushes, please disclose this information when you take out an insurance policy. Insurers segregate landscape gardeners in two categories: “excluding treefelling” and “including treefelling”. Also important: you do need a chainsaw licence in the UK if you are a landscape gardener and your business involves treefelling. Failing to have a licence will result in problems with your insurance.
Tools cover - One of the most common mistakes is that people assume tools will be covered by their public liability insurance policy. That’s not the case: you need to take out separate cover for your work tools.
Tools overnight cover: You can also choose to include tools whilst left in your vehicle overnight. Cover can be provided for up to £10,000 and may include cover for tools in transit (dependant on insurer). Cover is for loss, destruction or damage by any cause not specifically excluded within the insurer's policy.
We are here to help
"Shortly after getting an online quote, I received a call from the Simply Business team to help me tailor my insurance to my specific needs and advise me on what cover to go for. I was given a new quote, which I was very happy with and went for right away. Simply Business then sent me a £75 Google Adwords voucher, which has helped to gain me new work & increased traffic to my website.
Thanks for making business insurance so easy, pleasant and valuable!"
James Lister Interiors