Building and contents insurance for landlords

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Compare quotes
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Protecting your rental property

Whether you have one rental property or a whole portfolio, a good landlord building and contents insurance policy can protect your assets and your rental income.

Building insurance could pay for your property to be repaired or rebuilt if it was damaged by fire, flood, storms or vandalism. Meanwhile, contents insurance can cover the furniture or appliances that you provide to your tenants.

You can choose to buy either buildings or contents insurance, or get a single insurance policy that covers both your building and your contents. The cost will depend on the value of your possessions and the rebuild value of your property.

Compare buildings and contents insurance quotes

With Simply Business you can quickly and easily compare quotes from a range of leading insurers, grab a quote that suits you and get your property covered in just a few minutes.

Compare quotes

What does landlord buildings and contents insurance cover?

  • Buildings insurance protects your buy-to-let property against fire, flood or other disasters.
  • Contents insurance covers damage or theft of furniture, fixtures, and fittings in your buy-to-let property. You can also extend it to cover accidental damage or malicious damage caused by your tenants.
  • This insurance does not cover your tenants’ possessions, so they will need to take out their own contents insurance if they want to protect their belongings.
  • You can buy buildings and contents insurance individually or get them together.

Watch the details

Get the best buildings and contents insurance policy for your rental property by understanding what you’re buying and getting the right level of cover.

  • Make sure you read and understand any exclusions to your policy. Simply Business offers you the chance to read the policy documents in full before you buy.
  • Remember, you may have an obligation under your tenancy agreements to purchase landlord buildings insurance.
  • Don’t undervalue your furniture, fixtures, and fittings when purchasing contents insurance, as you may not get the right level of cover.
  • When you buy buildings insurance you should estimate the rebuild cost of your property rather than giving the market value, to make sure you’ve got the right level of cover.

Customer reviews

Our rating

Customer review

4.6 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“Couldn't fault them, found and offered me the best deal for my business.”

Tina Lake, Carer

What our customers are saying

We value the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers, whether they’re good or bad. We use this feedback to continuously improve how we work with (and for) our customers.

Contact us