At Simply Business, we like our customers to know that we’re here to help. Following the recent storms and floods which have affected large parts of the country, we want to reassure you that help is at hand.
To help support customers in the aftermath of Storm Eva, we’ve been busy moving resources to the affected areas. Adjusters have been recalled from holiday and we have an initial force to deal with urgent claims, as well as vulnerable Simply Business customers.
With more people now returning to work after Christmas, we expect this activity to increase significantly. So rest assured we’re doing all we can to get you back to business.
Storm Frank is expected to sweep into the UK from Tuesday evening, bringing with it the prospect of more flooding. You can check whether your area is at risk by checking the government website here.
If you are in a high-risk area, you should consider what steps you need to take to prevent your property being affected. You may need to board up any broken or loose windows or doors to keep your property secure - if there is any damage don’t put yourself or others at risk by trying to move or repair something that needs a professional. Most importantly - if you suspect a gas leak you must report it to the National Grid, or an electrical outage to your provider.
We would also like to offer the following advice:
- If you need to put your tenants in a hotel, remember to keep all of your receipts and record what payments were made.
- If your tenants are elderly or vulnerable and need help, contact your council for extra support.
- Create or update a flood plan, this should include how to keep your staff safe and how to use sandbags to protect the property and your fixtures or stock.
Should you need to make a claim
- Take photographs of any damage that does occur.
- Always check with us before getting any work carried out, sometimes it’s best to use our contractors and we will want to agree costs before work can begin.
- Remember our claims team are available 24 hours a day so we’ll be on hand should you need us. You can also make a claim online using the form here