Insurance for shops & retail

Quick, easy and specific. Compare and buy today.

Compare quotes
  • Zurich
  • AXA
  • Hiscox
  • Maltings
  • Covea
  • Ageas
  • UK General
  • AIG

Tailored cover for shops, pubs and restaurants

Running a retail business, a pub, or a restaurant leaves most people short on time, but with a lengthy to do list. We know you’d rather not spend hours thinking about business insurance. So with Simply Business you can build a policy that protects you, your staff, your premises, and your clients, plus any specialist equipment or tools, all in one policy. It’s quick, quality cover, without the headache.

Cover your online trade

Selling products online? We can cover you for that now too, with online retailers’ insurance built for businesses that sell on the web. As the UK’s cheapest provider we offer excellent value, as well the most extensive cover, with goods in transit protected by your policy. Whether you’re a home-based business or high street retailer, our online retail insurance offers a tailored solution.

Compare quotes

Which business covers do you need?

Do you provide lots of different sorts of service? Or are you a specialist retailer? We can provide specific, tailored options for a range of shop, retail and service companies, so whether you’re a pub, a shop, a café or something in between – take a look at the list below for a quick preview.

Shops and retailers – our cover includes public liability, but you can also choose cover for other key shop and retail risks, such as fixtures and fittings, your shop front, and stock cover.

Pubs and bars – along with public liability insurance, you can include cover for your employees, business contents, buildings and trade interruption.

Restaurants and cafes – as well as public liability cover, you can add cover for other key risks, such as damage to your stock, business equipment and goods in transit.

Check the details

  • Make sure you read your policy documents carefully and that you understand any exclusions that may apply
  • Do you need your own buildings cover, or is this provided by your landlord or brewery?
  • Contents cover and fixtures and fittings cover insure different types of items within your premises, so check what you need
  • Check whether you need front of premises cover

Core covers, explained

Public liability insurance is a key cover for many businesses, as it can protect you if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your business. Simply Business offers between £1 million and £5 million in cover, to protect you against this cost.

If you have employees, contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you’re required by law to take out employers’ liability insurance. It’ll cover claims from employees who’ve been injured or become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

Customer reviews

Our rating

Customer review

4.55 /5

Working out our score

Our score is based on the reviews we’ve collected on Feefo, the independent customer research specialist. For more details on how this works, click below.

Read our reviews

Customer testimonials

“Excellent, personalised, prompt response to my unusual requirements. Problem solved in no time, confirmed immediately by email - extremely pleasant manner and tone”

J Peters, IT Consultant

What our customers are saying

We’re proud of the reviews and ratings we receive from our customers. It’s this feedback that helps us keep on improving our services and options, so drop us a line and tell us what you think.

Contact us