Telemarketer - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Our award-winning contact centre is the beating heart of Simply Business. It defines what we do as a brand, and how.
Simply Business has five core values – simplicity, honesty, authenticity, learning, and empowerment – and you won’t find more examples of these at work, than in our contact centre. Values can often mean a whole lot of nothing, but to us they’re everything. They’ll underpin every decision, workstation, and summer party you experience.
Obviously, the main focus in our contact centre is speaking to new and existing customers, whether that’s help and support with their policy, sales or something else. Our contact centre is also home to lots of people from our finance, HR, technology and marketing teams, plus others, so it’s a busy place to be. The culture we’ve built is like no other – it’s a place where you can be yourself, develop your career and live the life you want to.
Outbound telemarketing strategies include lead generation, introductions, the sales pitch and facilitating the closing of the sale. You will be available Monday – Friday (09:00 – 18:00) to work through a mixture of cold/warm leads to generate around 10 per cent of new business sales on a monthly basis.
You will also be responsible for helping support Telephony and Email communication services within Northampton in making sure that the contact centre achieves their targets.
As a Telemarketer you will:
Be responsible for making high volumes of calls to a mixture of warm to cold leads.
You will need to be a motivated individual and be able to work to various quality and sales targets. The role will be demanding as it requires you to achieve set goals within fixed deadlines in a competitive marketplace, together with focusing the team on achieving the very high standards of quality required within the business.
Written contact with customers is required, so we require you to be articulate in written communication with external customers.
- Validating leads for sales
- Ability to make a high volume of outbound calls
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Ensuring that excellent customer relationships are established
- Adhering to processes and procedures as necessary
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Adhering to all compliance and quality standards especially FCA and ID checks
- Proactively ensuring all information is collected from your customer
- Efficient management of call backs
What we are looking for:
- Formal training not required
- Marketing and sales Skills
- Verbal communication
- Telephone and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to track leads
- Accuracy, patience, and motivation
- High energy and ability to meet goals
- Data entry and product knowledge.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Northampton Town Centre
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us, to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.