Tech Lead - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team.
As Tech Lead you will:
- Be an architect with great judgement who can design and implement complex company-wide systems
- Champion Agile, Build-Measure-Learn and creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way
- Be actively involved in recruitment, onboarding and team reviews
- Leading tracks of Developers and Product Owners, responsible for technical delivery
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement & driving prioritisation (e.g. areas requiring major refactoring)
- Working with the business to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different technical approaches
- Working with the rest of the Tech Leadership team to define vision for the whole Tech team (setting Tech team goals, Tech charter etc) as well as best practices & processes
What we are looking for:
- Experience of leading a team
- Proven architectural skills
- Strong understanding of Agile, Continuous Delivery, TDD and working with cross functional teams
- Ability to set the vision and drive cultural change across the organisation
- An advocate of open source and ‘using the right tool for the job’
Experience of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Ruby on Rails
- Cucumber / RSpec / Turnip / Jasmine
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.